Prachi Agrawal is a paralegal at Shatz Law Group. She is also licensed to practice in India focusing on civil litigation. Her work includes real estate and commercial disputes involving construction defects and property ownership disputes; contract matters involving breach, money recovery suits, sale deeds, lease deeds and gift deeds; family law matters involving divorce, custody, alimony, mediation/arbitration settlements; writ petitions concerning private and public matters including wrongful actions at workplace; matters concerning arbitral awards and criminal issues involving bail applications.
Ms. Agrawal graduated from a National Law University with honors in Constitutional Law and IPR before moving to Seattle. Ms. Agrawal subsequently obtained her LLM degree from University of Washington School of Law.
Bar/ Court Admissions
- India (Active)
- University of Washington, LLM (2021)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, B.A.LL.B.(Honors) (2015)
Publications and presentation:
- Submitted a research seminar paper on India during Covid-19: In compliance with or in violation of International Human Rights Standards at University of Washington. (2021)
- Presented paper on ‘Pirating the Cyber World: Cyber Squatting’ at the 12th Justa Causa Seminar, highlighting problems arising due to lack of laws combatting cybersquatting and recommending solutions against Cyber Squatting within the gambit of Cyber Law and trademark law in India. (2014)
- Presented paper on Gate keepers of Corporate Governance attempting to assess the legal and institutional aspects of investor protection and corporate governance in India in respect of its smoke screen representation and the reality of its implementation, the existing code through the perspectives of SEBI and the ‘Doctrine of Ultra vires.’ (2014)
- Presented paper on ‘ISP’s liability: Restraining Freedom or Restricting Piracy’, dealing with the execution and effectivity of the internet copyright laws in India and the Indian scenario with the interrelationship between the Copyright Act and the IT Act and the apparatus between these two Acts (2012)
- Organized several programs as a member of the legal aid committee for reaching out to the underprivileged section of the society and spreading awareness regarding legal rights and remedies available to them. (2010-2015)