Anthony David Gipe
Anthony has worked for many years in complex civil litigation, has handled multimillion-dollar claims in California, Oregon, and Washington courts, conducted numerous trials in state and federal courts, and has successfully negotiated settlements for clients in many cases. Anthony’s current practice also includes advising other attorneys in their practices, including ethical compliance, employment, and other related issues.
Anthony developed his strategic and analytical skills long before he embarked on a legal career. He enjoyed a long and distinguished tenure in the United States Navy, where he served as a Russian language interpreter and intelligence analyst.
Anthony completed service on the Washington State Bar Association’s Board of Governors as one of the Governors from 2008-2011. In 2013, Anthony was elected to be the President of the Washington State Bar Association. He served as President-Elect for the 2013-2014 year, and served as President from October 2014 until September 2015.
In addition, Anthony is a founding board member of the Washington State Bar Association Leadership Institute Advisory Board, and has been a faculty member for the Leadership Institute since its inception. Anthony has also recently served on QLAW Board, as WSAJ liaison to WSBA, and as an adjunct investigator for WSBA to investigate alleged ethical violations. Anthony also has served as a Judge Pro Tem in Washington courts since 2015.
Anthony was recognized as a “Rising Star” in 2004 and as a “Super Lawyer” in 2015 and 2016 by Washington Law and Politics in the legal profession.
Bar/ Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Professional and Community Activities:
- QLAW, Board Member (2012 – 2013)
- Judicial Evaluation Chair
- Adjunct Investigator for Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice, Diversity Committee
- King County Bar Association, Diversity Committee
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- University of Washington Comparative Arts and History (1997)
- University of California Linguistics (1989)
- Monterey Institute of Foreign Studies (1987-89)
- Certification in Russian
- Direct Phone